Globex is committed to quality excellence and total customer satisfaction, to achieve this we:
– Ensure on time delivery of quality products.
– Procure quality raw material.
– Appoint highly skilled, educated and motivated management team.
– Ensure employees involvement in the continuous improving process.
The quality policy is based on these salient features also:
A vertical integration of the manufacturing Which is characterized by:
- A total absence of subcontracting. Subcontracting is in fact a source of un-quality and makes any traceability unpredictable.
- An in-house manufacturing of each of the components of the glove. For instance: Globex purchases all its cotton in shape of yarn and then knit it in-house before assembling the fabric with a leather palm.
- All the skins used by Globex are “finished” in-house: from raw to finish.
- A completely integrated quality system based on: A drastic selection of the suppliers for which the price factor is not the only determining element. These suppliers are either ISO 9000; so are our supplies of chemical products (mainly Bayer and BASF). Or able to demonstrate to us that they have an acceptable control of their process (wet blue suppliers…)
- A control of all entries: (skins, thread, yarn…)
- Detailed technical specifications for each manufactured glove.
- An identification of each entry by batch number. For instance each skin is permanently marked and its batch number is registered.
- A full traceability system enabling Globex to go back, for each glove and at any time to the following information:
- The names of its cutter, of its stitcher and of its quality controller
- The processing sheet of the leather batch.
- All the tests made on the material: Cr6 content, pH, tearing resistance, abrasion resistance.